Do you and your dog love to be the life of the party by showing off his arsenal of tricks? Then he might be perfectly primed to earn AKC Trick Dog titles!
There are five AKC Trick Titles you and your dog can earn:
- AKC Novice Trick Dog (TKN)- Your dog performs 10 skills from the Novice list. (see link to "Application" below for lists of skills). If a dog has a Canine Good Citizen (CGC) certificate or title on record at AKC, it can do 5 Novice tricks (CGC + 5) to earn the Novice title. See the list of tricks here.
- AKC Intermediate Trick Dog (TKI) – Your dog must have the Novice title, plus perform 10 Intermediate tricks. See the list of tricks here.
- AKC Advanced Trick Dog (TKA) – Your dog must have the Intermediate title, plus perform 10 tricks from the Advanced list. See the list of tricks here.
- AKC Trick Dog Performer (TKP) – In this title, handlers perform a short routine with at least 10 tricks with at least 3 tricks using props. See the requirements here.
- AKC Trick Dog Elite Performer (TKE) – In the highest level of Trick Dog, the Elite Performers perform a routine that has a story/script. At least 5 props are used. See the requirements here.
For more information, visit the AKC website: https://www.akc.org/sports/trick-dog/.
Congratulations to club member Beth Widdows and Emily Anne on their Outstanding Performance in the 2021 AKC Trick Dog National Competition.
Emily Anne is 7 years old and a rescue from Michigan Westie Rescue. Beth and Emily Anne received a trophy, qualifying rosette, 2021 #1 West Highland White Terrier rosette, and gold Elite Performance Medallion. Thank you for sharing, Beth!
Check out Beth and Emily Anne's performance.
2021 Trick Dog Entry - YouTube